Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Marrisa is Here





Marissa is here!


After being put on bed rest @ 28 weeks pregnant because I was having contractions we had a long last few months of me being pregnant and VERY grumpy. There were a few bedtime prayers where Mikayla asked for Marissa to be born so Mommy would stop being grumpy! I had two wonderful baby showers! and a visit from my Mommy and my older brother. Also had tons of friends and family help with babysitting and meals which we were so blessed and thankful for! So after the first scare I had to go in three other times thinking I was about to have this baby- first was from sitting up too long one day and the next was from dehydration from being sick. The third time I went in and was told (on Mikayla's real Birthday - and also Mothers Day) that I was going to have the baby that day because my water was leaking- just to find out the test they did was a false positive test and that I needed to go home and take a bath, drink lots of water and rest. The last visit I swear almost sent me over the edge because we thought we were so close to having our little one here! Anyways I finally decided that I may not have her early and to just enjoy the bits of time I had left with just one child so I did! I was scheduled to go into the Dr to be induced around noon the day we had Marissa. I woke up with my water leaking and so we packed up and went to the hospital. We got all set up in the room and had Mikayla go visit Grandma's house. I had my epidural put in and was told my whole bag of water hadn't broken but only a part- so the Dr. came in broke my water and told me he would be back in a few hours to see how far i had progressed. In ten minutes I went from a 6 to a 10 and with about 5 pushes Marissa was here! Weighing 6.2 pounds and 17 inches long.





and yes we had the most amazing hospital photographer ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment