Monday, August 25, 2008

....And the Poop Gets Worse!!!!!!!

So before we ever decided to have a baby I contemplated different things like- having to change diapers 24-7 and cleaning up things I wouldn't ever think of in my scariest dreams. I always knew it wouldn't be an easy job and that I would have to do things I didn't want to... well here it goes. This has no pictures so I can spare Mikayla some embarrassment in her future.
These are the 3 greatest Poo stories of Mikayla so far- the worse part is I can't even imagine this getting any worse!!!!!!!

First was when she was about 5 months old she sat in her new bumbo chair and of course this is the perfect pooing position. I was watching a friends little boy as well so I didn't really have any extra hands to clean up....but she pooped all the way up to her neck and when I picked her up the liquid poo was pouring out of outfit and a puddle of this mess was in her chair. I wrapped her in a blanket carried her up to the tub and she had a bath! Ahh clean again

The second was definitely bad luck because my little brother had just asked me the day before "Julie, What is the worse mess of Mikayla's you've ever changed?" We were stuck in Seattle traffic coming home and I thought she was just fussy. So when we stopped to get a few groceries I opted to change her in the van- thinking this would be the normal poo. Well this poo was also not-so-normal. She had had too many grapes that day and ohhhh yes liquid poo everywhere in her new pink car seat, her hair!!!, just trust me it was everywhere! And yes I was by myself again changing this. I did have the little brother as an on looker! with the teenage comments like "ewe that is so gross" and "I am never having kids."

Number 3 yet again- TODAY I called her Dr. worried about a bumm rash that has been an extreme for the past two days. It was recommended to let her sleep with a diaper off so she can "air out" So I kept checking on her so she wouldn't pee/poo in her bed. Well the quiet little one woke up and I thought Oh good I was just about to check on her again. So I went in to find poo EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! hair, hands, blankets, back you name it she did it (luckily she still was sucking on her binky.....and I checked to make sure she didn't sample any!!! AHHHH the joys of being a mommy!!!

And I want another one???

2 comments:

  1. Julie you crack me up! That really does not sound fun..I don't know what I'm going to do if this little guy does that..probably puke..then have to clean up both poo and puke..lol (I have a very weak stomach) Help! What have I gotten myself into??

    And of course you want another one! Your first one is too cute to stop now! :)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally bringing a smile to my face - not the thought of you cleaning up poo - but the realization that it happens to everyone. I always wonder why with most blow out diapers, the diaper is mostly dry but its all up the back. I don't get it. I can't believe that you remember the blow outs either! I remember one of Teo's, but not the others. Bruno has had a couple so far...more to come I'm sure. Of course you want another...

    ReplyDelete