Monday, April 30, 2007

So far so good-
35 weeks today! I am still going strong but had quite the eventful weekend. This past week went smooth and seemed to be pretty normal for the amount of pain/irritability until I started getting these crazy leg pains. Friday evening I was advised that it was better to get things check out so Jonathan and I headed up to the hospital. After being there only a few minuets. I started getting contractions...not only were they hard contractions-but they were about 3 minutes apart! Well this went on for about an hour and a half and then seemed to calm down. Little did I know that me missing my regular Cranberry Juice routine would catch up to me! I was diagnosed with a bladder infection that cause early labor! So what did we learn kids? Drink your cranberry juice! That alone got us realizing we needed to be way more prepared than we were so Saturday we did a full house cleaning and went shopping for a car seat. That alone was an adventure! We picked out the best quality car seat we could find at our local Toys "R" Us store and thought we made a pretty good pick. Went and paid for the item and waited for it to come out from their inventory/ stock room area. After waiting for 20 minutes we started to wonder if there really was a car seat available or if they sold us one that wasn't there anymore. Just our luck they could not find the one that was supposedly in stock. After the millionth apology from the young girl working there we refunded our entire purchase- while we were in line to return everything someone came in with an opened box and returned the same car seat! How scary is that- they didn't question them and it from the looks would have been fine but what if that had just got in an accident! we would have never known! So we went to the small pricey store in the mall and purchased an even nicer one. I have to say as far as safety goes we spent a small chunk of change but this little girl is going to be as safe as we can make her! Bringing this home set a reality check for us knowing that in just a few short weeks (or sooner) our little girl will be sitting in that car seat! Anyways I'm back at work and hopefully wont have any more false alarms!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie,

    Sorry to hear about your bladder infection! That stinks. Can hardly wait to see that baby girl!

    Amanda Bartel

    ReplyDelete