Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year and New Goals

Yes, we all seem to have these things called "resolutions" but do we really ever stick to them? Hummm probably not, I know I tried really hard to ...but yet I failed again and I am not any better than I was a year ago, or so it seems.

This past week I was chatting with a good friend of mine and she mentioned this story about a friend of hers who has lost a two month old baby boy. I got off the phone very sad, but thought I needed to really have a reality check of what happened to this family. I just wanted to go and hug them and take away their pain. Help with her kids, comfort the mom.
What gives me the right to bare and rear a child that is healthy and perfect as any child could be? Why am I blessed to be okay with the money we have, or the lovely home we have been able to afford? Why should I be grateful. Well I would right a few novels on the the subject after reading that blog and knowing that no matter what, no matter what we are given in life- we can do this! We are able to handle everything if we but trust in the Lord. Pray for those you hear of and know that no one wants you to Not succeed in whatever desires you have. And that I do care about you and your families. I am thankful for the many blessings I have and many more to come blessing in my life. Thankful everyday that Heavenly Father has blessed me to be who I am. Onto bigger and a better 2010 for you and your families. Set goals...that you can accomplish! and good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Julie, she's beautiful! She's so big now! I love the funy things they say. Just be careful and listen. My John was answering "yes, uh-huh" to Anna and then she came out and said to me "Daddy's going to buy me a umberella" I know it's spelled wrong, but that's how she says it. So now she has an umbrella. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the things they say and pick up on. It only gets better with time. If you think her vocab is amazing now, wait until she's 6 months older!

    ReplyDelete