Friday, January 2, 2009

This Christmas was the most quiet Christmas that Jonathan and I will see for a long time!
Christmas Eve, We started a new tradition that I hope to continue. We went with our Friends downtown to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights, then onto a yummy dinner at Benihanas. Yummm!

You can't really tell but there was a Camel behind Mikayla and her friend Luke- she calls them Nay-Nays (I guess it kind of looks like a horse to her)


Mikayla with Grandpa Baker




I was so excited for the presents that Santa would bring Mikayla that I could hardly sleep! It almost reminded me of when I was a kid and I would get sick because I was so excited!

We awoke to our lights out and freezing cold. Our Power went out only an hour before we woke up but with the crazy winds out here in B.F.West Jordan we got up and opened presents very quickly. Jonathan conquered the gusty winds and dug out our 6 feet of snow drifted driveway! and Mikayla started to get acquainted with a few new toys! Mikayla's favorite toy was Moe-Moe in Mikayla words: Nemo. She is addicted to that fish! She also got a very cool Kitchen set, a beautiful Baby Doll, a fun play house, some cool puzzles and a few other neat toys. And yes I think I have enjoyed the variety of her new toys more than she has! She is just starting to use a few Birthday toys that were a little old for a 1 year old....so I guess I could slow down on thinking what I can get her for birthday #2!

Anyways to summarize our Chilling Christmas....it was nice to stay home and be together as our little family this year. I definitely missed all the funny gag gifts and laughter of my Family Christmas growing up but I know it only gets louder as Mikayla gets older!
We hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and were able to stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment